9 Essential Nutrients for Growing Kids in 1 Meal
Is your child eating a balanced diet?
Here is a quick and easy recipe from our parenting guide to kick off our blog! A healthy balanced diet is important as essential nutrients are crucial for children's growth and development. So what are these nutrients?
Here are the 9 nutrients your children should be consuming on a daily basis:
8. Vitamin C
9. Vitamin A
Looks like a long list? Don't worry, we have got you covered! Here is a simple recipe that contains all the 9 nutrients for a complete and balanced meal.
Delicious Chicken Dinner
This easy to prepare kids recipe with the Yaytray will help improve your toddler's health and eating habits. Furthermore, add in fruits or grain crackers as healthy snacks to top up the nutrients, and to encourage picky eaters.
- 200g chicken breast
- 1 potato
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup sweet potato
- 8 green beans
- 1 cup of cream of mushroom soup
- Peel and dice the potato, pumpkin, and sweet potato
- Trim and chop the beans into bite-size pieces
- Steam all the vegetables until soft
- Poach or bake the chicken breast
- Mash all the vegetables together
- Split the chicken breast into smaller pieces using a fork
- Combine everything together in the respective sections of the Yaytray!
9 Must-Eat Nutrients for Your Kids (2005) https://www.parents.com/kids/nutrition/healthy-eating/must-eat-nutrients/
Delicious Toddler Food Recipes in Singapore that are Packed with Nutrition (n.d.) https://www.enfagrow.com.sg/articles/toddler-recipes-in-singapore
Complete & Balanced Nutrition (n.d.) https://abbottfamily.com.sg/articles/science/complete-nutrition